Friday, August 24, 2012

Trainer Saga/Drama

Y'all the trainer saga/drama has finally ended. Let me tell you all about it...

Danny had to leave me because he got a job with a gym in Winchester. I am so happy for Danny because he can take on so many more clients and make more money. Who doesn't want to make more money? My last training session with Danny was on Sunday and I worked hard, didn't complain, and did as I was told. He said he would talk with some of the other trainers at the Underground and see if they could take me on as a trainee. I thought we had someone lined up and then the bomb dropped.

Danny texted me Monday night and said that the Underground will no longer let students train. I have no clue why and so I had to figure out Plan B. There is a gym available for faculty and staff at UK but it doesn't have trainers. Now, I need a trainer. I need the trainer for accountability and because I know they will push me harder than I will push myself. There are many days that I just want to go straight home from work, I am tired, I am in a blah mood and I can hear the couch calling my name. But instead, I go to the gym. I go because I have paid money for a training session and someone is waiting for me. And I have also found out through Danny and Rob that my trainer becomes a friend and somewhat of a therapist for me. I like to think that I am killing two birds with one stone: therapy and gym time.

This week I trekked over to the Johnson Center (the JC)  and inquired about their personal trainers. They told me to fill out a form and they would get in contact with me when they found someone. I have to train after work and this seemed to be a problem, until today! I heard from my new trainer, Nick Trubee, that we are scheduled for next week! Thank goodness we can start next week because I have had fun on my almost two weeks off. Next Tuesday, I have to come in an do an initial assessment. Doesn't that sound scary? All I can think of are burpees. I loathe burpees.

I will let you know how it goes and if I survive.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment