Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweet friends!

We're back! After months of planning and growing anticipation, we are back from vacation and reality hits tomorrow. 

Over the next couple of days, I will post about our vacation and tour of UF. Lots of laughs, a wave of naseau, and a little tropical storm named Debby (what a downer!)

Tonight, I couldn't get to my computer fast enough. I have been wanting to blog about last Wednesday for a week now and gush about these girls!

Emily, Lane, Haley, and me
Haley, Emily, and Lane are sweet, precious girls that I absolutely adore. Jace is friends with their husbands who are also MC students and I became good friends with these girls after we went to Barrister's Ball together this past Spring. Barrister's Ball was an absolute blast and I have missed them since.

When I knew I would have one night in Jackson, I wanted to get together with everyone and catch up. We ate at some Mexican resturant and laughed the night away. Just like at Barrister's Ball, us girls were loud and laughed until it hurt. Our poor boys probably had to leave a generous tip because we had so much fun. Fun as in stomp your feet, clap your hands, side pain laughter! That is why I love these girls.

Not only do they make me laugh but they truly understand the demands, the pressure, and worry that is accompanied with law school. One moment we could be loud and the next we are talking serious about our boys future (where ever that may be).

What I enjoy most about being with Emily, Lane,and Haley is that I don't have to explain myself or our situation. I don't have to explain what a LLM is. I don't have to explain that I don't know where we will end up. I don't have to explain that I have no idea what I will do for a job in whatever town we land. Simply put, they get "it".

By "it" I mean, they understand the unknown factor and the excitement and sometimes worry that goes along with the unknown. There is an unspoken understanding of how important grades are, the pressure our boys go through (and we secondhandly endure). We joke that we will earn a JD as well with as much as we worry about law school and feel as though we are law students too.

Lane, Haley, and Emily are a breath of fresh air for me. Their husbands are great friends and will be fine attorneys. I am thankful for friends that I can laugh with, that understand, and keep me running back to Mississippi!

Is he not the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment